Saturday, December 20, 2014

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

…to buy baseball cards.

A lot purchased on eBay arrived today:
That's a stash of 121 inserts from the 2011 Lineage set.

Those ran me about a quarter a card, with the bulk of the price actually being for the 1975 style minis. I was the only bidder on each lot of the various inserts.

I felt a little bit bad for the seller, but that's how it goes. It's the most not-wonderful time of the year to sell baseball cards.

I've been casually working on the Lineage inserts and particularly the 1975 minis ever since they came out.

I particularly like the Pop-Up cards, which were a fairly tough pull from ripping the packs.


This particular haul allowed me to finally add a section on the want list for these various sets, which I will excerpt here - 

From 2011 Lineaage, I am collecting all of the insert sets, including the '75 minis (now on it's own page), though not the relics. I would like to find a copy of the /60 Sy Berger on-card autograph from this set.

I am collecting the Cloth Stickers and the Pop-Ups, and would like duplicates, so if you have any of those at all, I would be interested in them. The same is true of the Diamond Anniversary parallel; I have about 25% of those so far. I am not collecting the Refractors though I have a dozen or so of them.

Glossy Rookies: I need #11 Zach Britton

Venezuelan Backs: I need TV1 Derek Jeter, TV22 Jose Bautista, TV24 Albert Pujols

3D: Need any of these, have only a handful.

The 1975-style minis page is now updated as well - only 71 to go.

I am sorting baseball cards today, putting things away, getting packages ready to send, filling up binder pages, even ripping a few packs. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your purchases. The 75 minis are cool... I just wish they would have put stats on the back. As for the inserts... I really love the 3D inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I used up my meager supply of Lineage '75 dupes, but I'll look around to see if any snuck away.

    ReplyDelete