Friday, July 12, 2013

Are these cards worth anything?

They look old.



They have old players on them.


They are small like those really, really old cards.


I can just hear the poor card shop clerk of the future sighing and pointing out the copyright date on the back to another non-card-collecting walk-in off the street. Presuming there still are card shops in the future.

I think there will be. There will always be enough people who want to shop in person, albeit never as many as there used to be.

These cards came from a card shop. Maybe. If an eBay vendor counts as a card shop, or the one that sent them to me happens to have an actual physical card shop somewhere, which is possible. It was real nice of them to add them to my package of 2013 parallels for no particular reason. Maybe the eBay vendor is a blogger too.

I also received a floating-head sticker:

I like stickers. But not that one. From that set (2012 Heritage), I'm only really interested in the #1 sticker it contains, the one sticker with a hat-less player by chance, Miguel Cabrera. I hope you have a double of that, and need Car-Go there to Complete Your Set!

I don't like wood paneling cards:


There's 38 more of those in my house already, before Andre showed up suspiciously close to the trade deadline, again via the eBay bonus route. The real ballplayer deadline. I will probably be trading baseball cards all year round now. I don't have a list of those 2012 minis, but I will one day. I will need some 2013 minis I am sure, whenever I find time to type in those lists.

In fact I will be on a mission to get rid of all the Wood Paneling I have. I am around wood all day at work, I've never been a fan of it on my baseball cards. So a miscellaneous lot of 2011 Heritage will get typed up with a list of minis, and I'll weigh up the shoebox of 87s to see how many pounds of cards are in it. About 3 I think.

Blah. Gypsy Queen, Floating Head stickers, and a Wood Panel card. Zero help to the Parallel Project. Unless you need them...

2 comments:

  1. I like minis. But I don't need any real 1987 Topps cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I'm pretty sure the remaining major LCS will be in business for many years to come. Mainly because it's a great place (for me) to hang out and talk cardboard. Plus they just don't have any serious competition anymore, since the other major LCS in SJ will be closing their doors at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete