Thursday, October 24, 2013

Borderless Inserts

Are borderless baseball cards like motherless children? They will have a hard time when the photo bleeds to the edge?

No, I don't think so. I like borderless baseball cards.

I think they get a little overwhelming at times, when they come in a whole set of hundreds of cards. See: Stadium Club. Lots of great cards. But they drain me when I look at a lot of them at once, particularly posed shots.

This year I learned that I like borderless cards a whole lot when they arrive in small batches, as with an insert set, like the wonderful 'Chase It Down' portion of Series 2 this year. I have never had time to blog that one up. Yet, perhaps?

Now, in Update, we have a new one: Postseason Heroes. I like these cards. They are still seemingly set up to become Autograph and Relic versions, though it turns out those cards will be horizontal editions to facilitate that.

But I don't have to worry about that. Sharpie scribbles and bits of fabric don't interest me in the slightest.

OK, OK, I'll let the cards do the talking for the rest of this post:




Hey, look, a new Night Card:


Well played Topps, well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment